Thursday, February 23, 2012

3d Hawaiian Flowers!

Everbella Review Day!

Hi All!

Today I am reviewing 12 Glitter Paper Dust set. That I received form the the wonderful Florence at The Everbella Nail & Beauty Supply


The Set has 12 different colors in nice little screw on lids. So, no worries about them popping open. They all comes in a clear case with a lid. I actually really liked this to keep them all together.

 They call this paper glitter. It looks more like shale to me. Or like the inside of clam shells that have flaked off. It is a mixture of big and small pieces. Like snowflakes they are not the same shape! You can used these for more of a packed 3D look or you could place the pieces alone. 

 So I used Wet n Wild - SaGreena The Teenage Witch as the base color for the flowery background feel. I then used 7 of the 12 glitter dust colors.

 Then I used a clear coat to dot the flower shape I wanted, leaving the middle open for the center of the flower. 

 While the clear coat dotting was wet I added the glitter dust. Then tapping the excess off and used a soft paint brush lightly sweeping away any loose glitter dust. I let them dry completely ( shouldn't take long). 

 Then I dotted the clear coat in the centers of the flowers then adding a different color. Tapping and brushing again.  I left the glitter dust as is. The colors are bright and shine but has a soft look to them.

In this look I Sealed over the glitter dust with a top coat. This is just as pretty but it does wash out  the color by making it have a wet glossy look. 

 The top coat really makes this shine!! All most like shiny stones! 

 This is just away to get a different look out of the same product. 

So what do I think of these. I love them! They are so different then just glitter. I can build them 3D or I can lay them piece by piece in the shapes I want. They have a different shimmery shine then glitter. And just by adding a top coat to them you get another glassy look. You can also crush them up and get more of a powder look. I also think they have a nice mix of colors in the set. I would have been more in love with this set if it had a green in it!! I would have done my whole nail in glitter dust! Their picture has green in it but I got a grey instead.  I know that I did this nail art and still have tons left over. It just doesn't take a lot to do this!

You can find  12 Glitter Paper Dust set. at Everbella Nail & Beauty Supply. They are only $3.39.

Plus you can use my code  and get 10% off at Everbella Nail & Beauty Supply.  rdrs4849nailreflections

You can also check out the Everbella Blog and Everbella Facebook to keep up one what is new and giveaways!

14 comments:

  1. I like what you did, but I imagine they are really though to remove again, but maybe not worse than glitter.
    It's a very good deal for 12 colors at 3.39, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it didn't seem as hard as glitter. But most of it wasn't laying down like glitter either.

      Delete
  2. OMG! I have never seen this before! This is so cool! Gonna have to try it. Hopefully it turns out as awesome as the way yours did!

    -Anna
    Please check out and follow my blog as well!
    http://www.goingtotheshowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I checked out your site! i can not wait to see it!

      Delete
  3. Unique idea and great job. Looks a bit complicated though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Oh no! It is simple! Just using clear polish to draw it out and then sprinkle it on while wet.

      Delete
  4. wow now this is something new for me!!! :) it looks awesome! thanks for the info on where to find them. i think i know what i will be doing tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I did really like these! Different from just glitter!

      Delete
  5. I've always heard these called crushed shells. I recently tried them and they are really different, I just didn't love how they stuck out all over but I think they'd be really neat to do a sort of mosaic look, laying one piece at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That what I thought they were too! But they call it paper maybe they are made from paper. I dunno! I like the 3d and they actually stayed on very well with out knocking off. I was impressed cause i'm so not easy on my nails.

      Delete
  6. Aye barish zara tham ke baras,
    Jab mera yaar aa jaye to jam ke baras, satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete